Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ruth Update, October 14, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer partners,
 
I have been home since about 6:00 AM on Saturday.  The best part of the weekend was that my brother and his friend came to visit on Saturday and fixed dinner for us, with lots of leftovers.  Other than that, this was not a weekend I would care to repeat.
 
I was supposed to have chemotherapy today, but my white blood cell counts are still too low, so we will check again next week.  Personally, I think we may have to try some different chemotherapy.
 
Thanks to all of your for your prayers and good thoughts.
 
Get mammograms.  Do self-exams.
 
Ruth
 
 

6 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hope they can find some chemo that works for you!!!

    Here's to hoping your WBC count goes up!!!

    Hugs.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Lori said…

    Hi Ruth! Hope you're doing a little better today. Sending good thoughts to you and the family...

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Faith G said…

    Oh, what a frustration. CHemo stinks, but not being able to receive it because you're neutropenic stinks even worse.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ruth

    You haven't blogged in a while. I hope you are doing OK.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ruth,

    You are continually in my prayers.

    Tricia L.
    soprano671@yahoo.com

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ruth, we are thinking of you and praying for you at Timmy's school.

    Cindy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home