Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Ruth Update, October 10, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
I will be having a short stay in the hospital for a platelet transfusion.  I am sitting at home waiting to hear when a short-stay bed opens up on the oncology floor at the hospital.  They could call any time today, do don't rush over to the hospital looking for me.  I have asked Paul to come home, and he is on the way.
 
The thing is, I had an appointment for medication management with my psychiatrist today, and my nose started to bleed before I left the house.  After I spoke with the psychiatrist, while holding a tissue to my nose, I went up to the oncology clinic to see the advice nurse.  A nosebleed was one of the things on my list of symptoms to call immediately, and I figured that since I was there anyway . . .   At any rate, she ordered a blood count and I flunked.  Now, I sit and wait for the phone call from the hospital. 
 
My plans for the weekend are shot, darn it.  I was going to a reunion of the people with whom I worked for seven years at the hospital social work department.  The reunion is in Easton, Maryland, and this would have been my first trip over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.  I would let Paul drive, thank you very much.  Now, it doesn't sound like a good idea.  I was so looking forward to seeing all those people, too.  Dang it. 
 
Get mammograms.  Do self-exams.
 
Love,
 
Ruth
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home