Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ruth Update, September 3, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

My oncologist doesn't believe that the 300% increase in my CA 27-29 marker is a lab error. She will order a PET scan, and told me to stop taking Xeloda, since all it seems to be doing for me is giving me painful blisters on my feet.

I appreciate the prayers, and will keep you informed.

Get mammograms. Do self-exams.

Love,

Ruth
http://ruthsmusings.blogspot.com/

6 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ruth, there are several teachers here at Lake Braddock who have added you to our prayer lists, and our thoughts are with you, for your strength, courage, and serenity, and for that of your family.

    Fondly,

    Cindy Young (Timmy's English teacher last year)

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger Faith G said…

    Still praying for you, and my family is too.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Susan C said…

    This is disconcerting news. Will be thinking good thoughts for you.

    Susan

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ruth,

    You and your family are in my prayers.

    -Tricia

     
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home