Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ruth Update, September 10, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
When I was at the oncology infusion clinic last week for my monthly Aredia treatment, I offered some blood to do the cancer marker test, but the doc ordered a PET scan, instead.  That will be on Friday afternoon.  On Tuesday, September 16th, Paul and I will meet with my oncologist to get the results and make a battle plan.  Prayers are requested.
 
If you missed the Stand Up 2 Cancer special on ABC, CBS, and NBC on September 5th, you can still see it if you have a computer with a good connection and all the right software if you go here   I missed the first half of it, but have caught up.  I do not know how good a charity this is, but they seem to have good intentions, anyway.  This is basically a telethon with lots of stars, but lots of videos of survivors and research.  Also some music.
 
Take care.
 
Get mammograms.  Do self-exams.
 
Love,
 
Ruth
 

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home