Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tomatoes

One of my husband's college degrees is in agronomy. We have a garden plot we rent from the county for a pittance every year, and that is his little farm.

He likes to save seeds from tomatoes from year-to-year and plant the seeds directly in the garden. This leads to a late harvest for us, and to some surprises.


Originally, we had some small, pear-shaped yellow tomatoes, and some fairly standard round, red tomatoes. Bees and plant genetics being what they are, we have quite a variety now. Some are very sweet, some a little more tart, and all delicious.

And prolific.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They look beautiful, Ruth....!

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Yum! I miss home grown tomatoes. Sigh. Wished I lived closer. ;)

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    Hey Mom! I'm not sure how but... Could you get some/a bunch of those to me? I'd be greatly appreciative. not that they would last long.

    Matt

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    Sorry, Matt. Don't know how I could do that.

    The good news is they will probably still be producing when you come home for September 13th.

    You do still plan to come home, right?

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger Susan C said…

    Those are some gorgeous tomatoes, Ruth. I'm jealous. My plants have been under achievers this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home