Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ruth Update, July 21, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
We leave on vacation tomorrow, and I will not be sending out these updates until we get back, as I have not tried to duplicate this list at my Yahoo mail, and couldn't figure out how to upload my address book to my Cox Mail.  I do plan to check our e-mail regularly, as Matt is bringing his laptop, and I will try to post some updates to my blog while we are gone.
 
I am feeling pretty well, and my hair is growing back!  So far, it is just a halo of peach fuzz sort of visible under my halo of wispy hair that I have had right along.  I also noticed a halo of peach fuzz on my arm.  It is amazing how much hair a person actually has, if you think about it.  One thing for which I am thankful is that I didn't lose all of my eybrows and eyelashes this time.  Not that I wear makeup or anything, but it is nice to have brows and lashes.  One looks a little better, even  without the makeup.
 
Thanks for your support.
 
Get your mammograms.  Do your self-exams.
 
Love,
 
Ruth

2 Comments:

  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Faith G said…

    I have that peach fuzz too! How long before the color starts coming in? And how long before my eyebrows grow back?

     
  • At 6:38 AM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    Gee, Faith. I wish I could answer your questions! One day you will just notice you have eyebrows and lashes and you will wonder when that happened! Also, for my first chemotherapy, I had my first treatment on Ash Wednesday (Feb 13 that year) and I got my first haircut before Christmas.

    This too shall pass! Don't worry about it!

    Ruth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home