Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Blossom time



It's time for the Cherry Blossom Festival in our National Capital Area. These cherry trees are in Northern Virginia. You can find anything at your public library.


I don't know what these are called, but I bet they are considered a weed. I prefer to think of them as wildflowers. They turn whole slopes purple, and love to live in lawns.



These may look like cherries, but are actually ornamental pear trees, growing in the parking lot of the church where I work. The windows behind the altar look out upon these all year, and are they are also gorgeous in the fall, when the foliage turns red.


This is pretty much the veiw out my office window.


Other places on the grounds of the church are brightened by the early daffodils






Here we have what I consider one of the glories of early spring in this part of the world. One day, you see a bush of sticks. Two days later, the forsythia are in bloom.

Here is a reminder of Nebraska, only the crabapples bloom a month earlier in Northern Virginia. There are several crabapple trees in our neighborhood, and I often linger under them on our evening walks, just to inhale the soft scent.
These are . . . pretty blue flowers. Also found at the public library.

Waiting in the wings for their part of the show are the azaleas . . .

And the lilacs.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    mom. these pictures are gorgeous. would you like to be director of photography for a movie I make sometime? honestly the composition is stunning. good bright sunlight helps too I'm sure.

    Matt

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    Awww, shucks. You wouldn't be trying to flatter your old Mom, would you? It is hard to take bad photos of spring flowers.

    Love you!

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Vee said…

    keep your sweet spirit my friend. Know that I am praying and keeping up with your happenings from here. By the way the pictures are as amazeing as the lady who took them. Vee

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    if it's flattering then ok, but they really are very good. the first and fourth would be excellent establishing shots or backgrounds. in fact I might keep them as possible backgrounds to be green screened in, if that's ok with you.

    Matt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home