Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, March 23, 2008

What goes on in the oncology clinic and the backyard

Thanks, Gladys

This was an unexpected gift that we have all enjoyed. Most of the flowers are gone now, but some remain.


Matt took some photos while I was getting a treatment at the oncologist's office


Here you see where my medi-port is. It is completely under the skin and saves my very few accessible veins for use by people who are not authorized to access ports.



That would be RN's and "above." You don't want just anybody having access to a catheter that dumps medication directly into the superior vena cava. That is just "upstream" from the heart.


Then, once I am hooked up, I get down to some serious crocheting.


And I am not the only one.






Who says you can't have fun at the oncology clinic!


A few days later, the haircut.




Matt didn't watch the first two haircuts. Those were before he started video blogging and got a video camera. My brother, Tony, took these stills. Matt pretty much watched through the viewfinder.


I don't think this is what my Mom had in mind when she gave me Grandpa's barber clippers.




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home