Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, March 07, 2008

Ruth Update, March7, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
I have been letting you down.  Please forgive me.
 
I had my first treatment with Taxotere on Tuesday, and began taking Xeloda that same evening.  I went to work on Wednesday, and have stayed home today, Friday, and yesterday.  Actually, I felt pretty well on Thursday, when I first woke up, but things went downhill after about noon, so I am very glad that Rosalie, a very nice lady at the church where I work, has stepped in to take up slack.  She knows what she is doing, and does not fear the computer or the copier!  Thanks, Rosalie!  Also, thanks to Bob, who has covered for me in the past, and can help Rosalie out when she can't reach me.  I guess I am doing a bit of telecommuting, but not much. 
 
Mostly I am lying or sitting down with some aches and pains, as I expected.  Vicodin is my friend.  I am able to do a little light laundry and other stuff, so hopefully the place isn't a disaster when Paul comes home in the evening.
 
Matt will be home for a week on spring break starting this evening, and the next week, Timmy will be off of school.  Poor planning on the school's parts, if you ask me!  My brother is planning to visit next weekend, and has told us not to clean.  He will get to see both his nephews on this trip.  Matt was home briefly last weekend, and Timmy was off on a ski trip at the same time, so they didn't even pass in the night.  Ah, how they grow.
 
Okay, I'm rambling.  Must be the drugs.
 
Thank you for your support.
 
Get your mammograms.  Do your self-exams.
 
Love,
 
Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home