Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ruth Update, March 25, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

It occurs to me that I should thank ALL blood donors, not just the O's. Thank you to all of you, as I am sure you have saved more lives than you know. I may have gotten plasma from some of you A's, B's, and AB's, though I bet your red blood cells went to save somebody else!

Matt has posted the video of my haircut. If you have a slow internet connection, be aware that it is over eight minutes long and will take a while to load. If you have WebTV, I am sorry. This is on YouTube. My channel is datatech57.

And here it is embedded:





Also, Matt posted a video that I shot of him and his room on his channel, but I can't find the URL for it. I don't want to embed it into my e-mail, but I will embed it on the blog. Anyway, those of you who know your way around YouTube can find it on his channel -- timsbro2000 -- as "Wake Up Call." -- now changed to "My mom wakes me up" Here is the embedded one:







Good news: the Washington, DC, area now has an Oldies Station. The bad news, it is nationally syndicated. The worse news, its morning show is Don Imus. I will continue to listen to Morning Edition on my way to work, I believe. More bad news, it used to be the only full-time jazz station in the market. Now we have Oldies, but no jazz.

I had my chemotherapy today, and am feeling pretty good, though a little "off." I expect to spend Thursday and Friday at home, medicated.

Get your mammograms. Do your self exams.

Love,

Ruth
http://ruthsmusings.blogspot.com


1 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    Actually I changed the name to "My Mom Wakes Me Up" so if people want to see that video they should probably search that title. or click the URL

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2JQFCcZG0

    Matt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home