Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Ruth Update, March 10, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

First, a big thank you to all the people who have been praying for me during the past week. I made it to church on Sunday, and was at work the full six hours today. Whenever anybody asked how I was feeling, I said "mildly crappy." I feel like I have a bit of flu or something. I don't know if this is how I will continue to feel while I am on this regimen, but I decided yesterday that I probably wouldn't feel any worse if I went to work, and I have things there to keep me busy. I am feeling better than I was. I have an appointment with my oncologist on Wednesday, and will have an infusion of Aredia that day. This is the IV medicine to strengthen my bones. It has had very few side-effects, so I expect to be back to work as usual on Thursday and Friday.

I was very glad to find a meal in the refrigerator at work. Thank you, Miss Kathy from the preschool! The ladies there have a sign-up list going, and I really appreciate it. My family liked it, too! The church where I work has also offered to provide meals for us as we need them. I am very grateful. It is nice not to worry about that when I come home from work.

Thank you also to Kimmer, Amber, Trudy, Karen, Lisa, Mary, Gladys, and probably somebody else I have left out. I have been finding little surprises in the mail, from a florist, on my desk, and next to me in church, and they really brighten my day. Thank you.

Matt is home for spring break, and is participating in a contest on YouTube. I have also gotten into the spirit of the thing. To see a couple of people making monkeys out of themselves, please see the blog.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Love,

Ruth
http://ruthsmusings.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home