Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ruth Update, February 28, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
We have decided on the drugs we are going to shoot at the cancer this time:  Taxotere and Xeloda   I don't have an appointment for the administration of these drugs, yet, but hope to hear from the nurse who schedules the IV treatment (taxotere) tomorrow.  The Xeloda is an oral medication.  If you click on those links, as I have, it is pretty scary to think of what can happen.  But it is also scary to think what would happen if I didn't go this route.  Paul and I were both comforted as my oncologist listed all the drugs that we haven't tried yet.  We have lots more ammunition.  I am sure I will be taking other drugs to fight the side effects of these, and drugs to fight the side effects of the drugs that fight the side effects of the chemotherapy agents. 
 
I made an appointment to use that gift card for the spa.  I will be having a manicure and pedicure, "petite facial," and leg waxing.  I hope they wax my legs first.  Since hair loss is one of the side effects of Taxotere, I probably won't have to shave my legs for months.  Again.
 
I had better take my wig in to be styled.
 
Get your mammograms.  Do your self-exams.
 
Love,
 
Ruth
 
 

1 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a great spa day.

    Hope the waxing goes well and your wig looks amazing.

    Hugs!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home