Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ruth Update, February 20, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer partners,
 
The liver biopsy went fine.  I am a bit sore, but hope to have the results on Friday or Monday.
 
It got off to a rocky start.  I was supposed to get some mail from my HMO about it, and didn't.  I was supposed to get a call from a nurse at the hospital, but didn't, and by the time I realized that none of that had happened, it was too late last night to ask about it.  So we showed up early.   And found out that my procedure had been cancelled.  After numerous phone calls and running around by other people (I got to sit in the reception area and read), they fit me in.  They apologized for being so late, but I said that I had nothing else planned, anyway.
 
I asked to be put out pretty thoroughly, and the nurse tried, but I was fairly alert through the whole thing.  They need me to be able to hold my breath at some times, so I had to be conscious, what they call "twilight sedation," but apparently I am resistant to the amnesiac part of that drug.  I can't complain.  The nurses and techs were very solicitous and caring.
 
Here's hoping they find the "Her 2" receptors.
 
Get your mammograms.  Do your self-exams.
 
Ruth
 

1 Comments:

  • At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope they do too!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home