Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Ruth Update, February 13, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
I had a couple of things I wanted to include in my update yesterday, but I kind of ran out of steam.  I think you all had about all you could take from me in one day, anyway!
 
First of all, my son has gotten into YouTube.  He has a "channel," which, at this point he is using mostly as a blog.  The hot link there is to the video reply to yesterday's update.  No, he didn't get the news via the 'net.  I did call him before I sent out the update.
 
Next, a friend of mine is doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.  This is the two-day marathon walk you might have heard about.  There is a lot of overhead for this venture, and she has committed herself to raise $1,800.  I figure that every dollar over that is one more for research and awareness.
 
I quote her letter:  "I ask that you please take this opportunity to honor those you love by making a tax deductible donation.  There are 2 ways you can donate to this cause and support my efforts.  To donate online, go to www.avonwalk.org, click on "Make a donation" click on "Donate to a participant", click on "Washington DC 2008" and type in [her name -- Lisa Latall].  It will lead you to a page where you can pledge online by credit or debit card either as a one time gift or a pledge over time.  . . .  Please know that no donation is too small and that your gift will be appreciated more than I can possibly tell you."   The other way to donate is to send a check to her directly.  If you wish to do that, please let me know, and I will let her contact you with the particulars.
 
I had better warn you, the Provance family is trying to see what we can do to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in June.  I will be asking for support then, too.  It's not just for me.  It is for my daughters-in-law and grandchildren.  It is for your mother, sister, wife, cousins, in-laws and descendants.
 
Excuse me while I go donate.
 
Get your mammograms.  Do your self-exams.
 
Love,
 
Ruth
 

1 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Dear Ruth, I like your optimism, planning for daughters-in-law and grandchildren! Watched your son's video, he is a brave young man. I'm sure he gets it from his parents.

    You are in my prayers.

    Sarah Z. in MI

     

Post a Comment

<< Home