Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Aromatic care packages

On Thursday, I came home to some really nice mail




My cousin had "partial success" in her quest, and she sent me some nice lilac hand cream, along with other goodies -- chocolate covered sunflower seeds, a bracelet with the "Fruit of the Spirit", and a nice prayer/poem. My friends in California had sent four bars of lilac-scented soap, and some lilac "body mousse." I have really smelled nice for the past few days. Thank you to Jan, Jen, and Diane! Also, thanks to Trudy, who found some more lilac soap, and gave it to me after church on Sunday. And to Lisa, who left something for me on my desk on Monday:




I got some other mail on Thursday, too.




Susan G. Komen for the Cure (c) has apparently been doing some "branding" to separate themselves from other breast cancer charities. They now have "dark pink" awareness bracelets. The ones on the right are the old ones, which say "Sharing the Promise." The ones on the left now say "SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE." They do good work, don't get me wrong, and I am glad to send them my money. I am not happy with the new color. And I ordered fifty of them. I guess the color isn't the point of the thing, but it isn't pink! And I have a lot of pink awareness bracelets.






Schnapps wonders what that sheet is doing on his sofa.






1 Comments:

  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you might be the best smelling Virginian ever now. I'm happy you are loved by many, Ruth. Hi to your family and cats from me.
    I'm still catless and also still praying for you and your family and drs.
    Love, Jan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home