Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Ruth Update, January 6, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
May you have a Happy New Year, and I hope you had a Blessed Christmas and Epiphany!
 
It has been brought to my attention that is has been a long time since I sent out an update.  I guess that is because there is no news on the cancer front.  My cancer markers in my last blood test were slightly elevated from the previous month, but my oncologist assured me that it was not statistically significant.  We will continue with the once-a-month Aredia and Faslodex for now.  It is a bit soon for another PET scan, but you will be among the first to know when I have one.
 
We had a great Christmas in Northern Minnesota, with most of Paul's family, and my brothers!  There were snowmobiles and hockey involved.  There is so much to tell that I have decided to tell it in bits on my blog.  This way, those of you who are mostly interested in my cancer progress can skip it, but those of you who are interested u\in the trip can check the blog.  I need to load the photos into the computer, too.
 
I have another treatment with more blood tests this week, so there may be more news next week.
 
Get your mammograms.  Do your self-exams.
 
Love,
 
Ruth
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home