Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Ruth Update, January 26, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
My dear son pointed out that it had been a while since I had posted, and all of my fans were wondering what had happened to me.  This is the same son who made the dean's list his first semester in college.  By the way.  Not that I am proud of him or anything.  He also has his first job, a work-study thing in the theater department.  I don't know for sure which shop he is working in, whether the costume shop or the scene shop, I just know he needed a copy of his social security card.  This is the first time he has needed the card for actual work!  Yay, Matt!
 
I have been feeling more aches than I had.  Yesterday, I came home and got into my jammies and crawled under the covers and napped until Paul got home.  We then went to dinner and the theater.  Today, I had planned to bake bread and pizza, but am still feeling achy, so I am wussing out, and the pizza is coming from Domino's.  Aw, heck, they are having a sale.
 
I have shared my concerns with my oncologist, and she has ordered a PET scan.  This will be on February 9th. 
 
Please continue praying for me.  Thanks.
 
Get your mammograms.  Do your self-exams.
 
Ruth
 
 

2 Comments:

  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Rick said…

    It's kind of nice when you see one of your children actually grow up and done the stuff that responsible adults are suppose to do. It's kind of like, "Hey, I didn't do so bad after all!!"

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wishing you the best. I saw you on Leroy's blog. My mom is fighting lung cancer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home