Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Ruth Update, January 11, 2008

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,
 
I had a treatment today, and all went pretty well.  I got a little woozy at the end, while I was getting my intramuscular injection.  I had to sit down rather quickly, and the nurse made sure to check my blood pressure before I got up.  I don't know if it was the "sting" from the medication (the stick itself wasn't bad), or if was a side effect from the muscle relaxant I had taken the night before for my backache.  I attribute the backache to watching a hockey game in a sports bar on Wednesday.  See my blog for details.  Yes, that is a blatant attempt to get people to my blog, why to you ask?  ;-)
 
I did not see the oncologist today, but will do so next month.  Generally, I feel pretty well, so I imagine things will go on as they have been going.
 
Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
 
Get your mammograms.  Do your self-exams.
 
Love,
 
Ruth
 
 

3 Comments:

  • At 3:27 AM, Blogger Hooked by Joy said…

    Hi, Ruth! I came here to post a "thank you" for mentioning the Brown Sheep factory store (I didn't realize they had one but I love their yarn and it's only a short drive across the state for me to get there). I was sorry to read about your struggle with cancer and glad to hear you aren't letting it slow you down.

    Deb in Nebraska
    hookjoy.blogspot.com

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ruth, so glad you are back to blogging! What a blessing to be able to spend time with both families. I think your brothers must love you ;-).

    Watching the Minnisota game in Virginia is awesome! What fun! Sorry you got a back ache out of it, maybe you can figure out a way to watch without twisting next time.

    I'll continue to check in from time to time. Always enjoy what you have to say. Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
    Blessings, Sarah Z in MI.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    Hey, when are you going to post again? It's been a while and I'm sure all your subscribers would love to hear from you.

    Matt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home