Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The China Cabinet

The china cabinet arrived today. Paul and I played tag team a bit. They were running late, and Paul had some mandatory training, so I came and relieved him. I snapped a quick picture and went back to work.

The young men who brought it were embarrassed to say that they forgot the light bulbs. One even remembered thinking about it when taking it apart at the show room. They will send them to us. Lights are sort of optional as far as we are concerned, but since it was made that way . . .

Paul is hauling boxes of china up stairs to wash the dishes. I will be making some doilies as soon as I get the yarn out of the attic.

One of the things I was worried about was the crystal wine carafe my Aunt Joyce and Uncle Ron gave us for our wedding, with six wine glasses. We had actually used that a few times, but I had not measured it, so I wasn't sure if it would fit.





Without the stopper, it just fit. And I wept.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:36 PM, Blogger IntrepidTrixie said…

    Oh, I have a few items that I have had that problem with. I am glad you were able to get them in.
    Love the cabinet, especially the color.
    I am very happy for you

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Glad your solo went well. I even remembered to pray - no eye contact!
    The cabnet is beautiful!!
    Blessings, Sarah Z. in MI

     

Post a Comment

<< Home