Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ruth Update, September 26, 2007

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

I saw my primary care physician today. It seems that there is something suspicious on my seventh thoracic vertebra. I will be having a PET scan as soon as possible. Dr. Ryan said that the radiologists who read the MRI's very seldom raise an alarm unless there is something that really looks like it could be something. Of course, with my history, they may be a little fast on the trigger finger, too. Not that I am complaining. Let us err on the side of caution. This is why I like to bring moral support along on visits like this. Paul was with me.

The good news is that I don't have any pain right now, and the pain I did have was lower than T7, so the pain itself may not have been caused by whatever is showing up on the MRI. This could mean many things, so lets just wait until the PET scan results come back. My PCP has sent a message to my oncologist, and I told him that he could call me with the PET scan results, rather than have me come back in. If there is something malignant there, I will be going to my oncologist anyway, so let's save a copay.

I ask for your prayers in the meantime.

Thanks.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Ruth
http://ruthsmusings.blogspot.com

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My thoughts are definately with you. Maybe you're just making extra bones. ;)

    Rent and Spamalot sound like a lot of fun and are both musicals I would like to see one day (another one being Wicked). Maybe one day I can convince hubby to actually leave this state to take a vacation.

    Oh, and I found myself searching the Harlot's pics to see if I could see you.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    I was waaaay in the back. I think I saw myself in some crowd picture, but I don't think it was one of hers -- it was on another blog!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home