Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Ruth Update, September 25, 2007

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

We got that trip to New York. Matt and I hit the RENT lottery, and got to sit in the dead center of the front row for $20 per seat. Considering seats in the third row are $110, that is pretty good. To see how we managed to do that, see: http://www.siteforrent.com/rushticketpolicy.php Mine was the fourth card called. Paul and Timmy went to see Spamalot, and had a good time, too. I hope to post some photos on the blog soon. Just been too busy to do it the last couple of days.

This trip required a lot of driving, especially by Paul, who had to go pick Matt up at Radford. We have since discovered a better way to get him to and fro, and he is doing that this weekend, so that he can go to the homecoming dance at Langley High School with his girlfriend, Katherine. A bus picks him up in Radford and brings him to the Vienna Metro station, where we pick him up. We take him back to the Vienna Metro on Sunday. We should have done this before. It costs $93 dollars round trip. Matt has to pay for this trip, but we will spring for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

On Sunday evening, I had an MRI of my back to try to find out what happened two weeks ago. I got a call from my primary doctor's office today, saying he wanted to see me. Something about the preliminary results of the MRI. Today, I went to see the physical therapist. Since she is in the same HMO, she was able to see the preliminary results on her computer screen. She said, yes, I should go over that with my doctor. Okay, now I'm a bit worried. I see the doc tomorrow afternoon, sometime after 2:30 pm. I could use some prayers. Pray that it is nothing, and I am worried for no reason.

Thanks.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Ruth

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger bethc said…

    I'll be thinking about you and your appointment... keep us posted!

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger dp said…

    So glad you made it!

    -dp

     

Post a Comment

<< Home