Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ruth Update, September 13, 2007

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

The trip to NYC this weekend is off. My pain is just too much. At the moment, I don't feel too bad, but that is because I am stoned on Vicodin.

The doctor I saw today had another set of x-rays taken, and he says I have a bit of scoliosis (curvature of the spine), and a dowager's hump, which I knew about. He talked on about sleeping on a firm mattress, doing exercises, correcting my posture, and yadda, yadda, yadda. I said that was all well and good, but what about my pain right now! Hence, the vicodin. He says I have a muscle spasm. Okay, so I am a real spaz. We knew that, didn't we!

The pain was so bad this morning that I needed help getting dressed. Paul had a meeting he had to attend, so I called my church and whimpered "Help!". They sent Karen. I am so glad, too. She took very good care of me until Paul came home. She pushed me around in my wheelchair and helped me when I had to stand up or sit down. May God heap blessings on her head!

I have missed two days of work. We will see about tomorrow.

Get your mammograms. Do your self exams.

Ruth
My blog: http://ruthsmusings.blogspot.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home