Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, September 24, 2007

Recipes that changed my pantry: capers

Matt really loves this dish, though Timmy doesn't. He liked it the first time! I made it for dinner on Sunday, just before Paul took Matt back to Radford.



Linguine with Tuna, Capers, & Raisins


A more elegant presentation would be to individually plate the pasta and then spoon the other items over it.


Sophisticated yet incredibly easy, this dish brings the flavors of Sicily to your table. Prep time is ten minutes.


1 pound dried linguine

1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (I use 1/3 cup)

1 cup chopped onions

3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1/2 t salt

1/4 t black pepper

2 (6-oz) cans tuna, drained

1/3 cup drained bottled capers

3/4 cup golden raisins

1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley


Cook pasta in a 6-8 quart pot of boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot


While pasta cooks, heat oil in a 12 inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking and cook onions and garlic with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally until golden, 6 to 8 minutes.



Stir in tuna, capers, raisins, parsley, and reserved cooking water. Add tuna mixture to pasta, tossing to combine, and serve immediately.


Yield: Serves 4-6



Source: Gourmet Magazine 12/05 ( I got it from an online foodie group to which I belong)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home