Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Friday, September 21, 2007

My brush with Harlotry

When Stephanie Pearl McPhee said she was short, we didn't realize how serious she was:







But, seriously, when knitters go to a Yarn Harlot event, they wear their best stuff. Unfortunately, my best stuff is crocheted:
























Stephanie didn't hold it against me, though, and she signed all four of my books, and even let me hold the travelling sock! We did not plan our wardrobes. Honest.


















There were, of course, other knitters. Here is my buddy Jayme, and she is a production knitter. Or, maybe I should say she is a producing knitter:

















And, just in case you were wondering what to get me for Christmas, I wear a size 12 women's shoe. These are Birkenstocks:

Now, I have to get going. We are going to New York! Gotta throw some stuff in the bags.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't get to see the harlot when she came to Arizona.

    I saw those clogs before!! CUTE

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    I highly recommend seeing her whenever you can. She spoke, I kid you not, for almost and hour and a half, and we were in spasms of laughter the whole time. Unless she was talking about Knitters without Borders. She even made parts of that funny! Get there early, though, if you want your books signed. I was late, did not have a really good seat . . . remember, she's short . . . and was 128th in line to get the books signed. They gave you a number when you came in. I got home about midnight.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice Blog. It must take alot of work to maintain.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home