Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Faster, farther, longer, higher, whatever

I have walked every day for the last week -- eight days in a row. I even walked on Sunday!

Yesterday, I walked the two-mile route for the first time, and today I timed myself. I walked two miles in 41:42, at a pace of 104-106 steps per minute. Yay, me! I have been fudging a bit on the snacks, but not too much. I figure two more days, and I will have earned another ice cream. Paul has some raspberry something in the freezer and he keeps eating it when I am around. I tell him I hate him, but, of course, I don't. I did tell him not to eat all of it before I have earned my next ice cream! I figure five days in a row earns a scoop of ice cream, but Monday of last week I had an ice cream sandwich, so that upped my days to ten. I think I go back to the oncologist to be weighed sometime next week.

Have you seen this blog: BECAUSE I SAID SO Dawn is being called the next Erma Bombeck. Some of her postings are quite hilarious. I recommend reading the blog from the beginning. She just started in June of this year, so it won't be too onerous. Those of us with children can really relate!

Ruth

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM, Blogger dp said…

    Howdy, Ruth!

    Here via Leroy's blog and have enjoyed your writing. Noticed that you hadn't posted for a while and am glad to read that you've been out and about earning ice cream!

    Today I posted thanks to various commenters on Leroy's blog, and as I hit the 'post' button, I realized I had saved the version that didn't have your name in it.

    So here it is: Thanks for being such an inspiration!

    -dp StageIVLung dx 3/07

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger datatech57 said…

    Dear dp,

    Thank you for your comments. It is good to know that somebody is actually reading my blog, besides my family!

    Take care of yourself, and keep in touch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home