Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Ruth Update, June 9, 2007

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer partners,

It has come to my attention that I haven't updated you on my medical status in a while. The good news is, there is no news. My last PET scan came out clean for cancer, though the person submitting the report said something about an area on my right hip (the one that didn't have cancer) being "worrisome" as a possible place for future mets. Whatever that means. Anyway, no active cancer seen at this time.

I will start seeing my new oncologist this coming week. My old oncologist said that my new doc is "fabulous," so I feel better. I have faxed over some of my records, so they know where to start with me. I am just glad this upheaval happened while I was in remission, not while I was in active treatment.

Timmy got the biggest trophy of the chess club a couple of weeks ago. It was a special award for etiquette and attitude. I was so proud of him. He was not expecting it, but then this is not the kind of award you expect to get. The fact that his Dad, brother, and I were at the end-of-year party didn't tip him off, either.

Matt went to the prom last night. My baby! I was a bit envious, as I didn't go to my prom. Nobody asked me, so I didn't go. I don't think one could have gone "stag" at the time. I think times have changed, thank goodness. Matt went with an acquaintance from the theater group. He and Stephanie broke up around Thanksgiving, but are still friends. Matt graduates from high school next week, June 13th. I can't believe it! He is supposed to send out some announcements, but that hasn't happened yet. This is all sneaking up on me!

I also have laryngitis at the moment. Can't talk above a whisper! (shut up, Tony) I get to take codeine cough syrup for it. It tastes pretty vile, but is worth it for the drowsys.

I hope to post some photos on the blog in the near future.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Ruth
http://ruthsmusings.blogspot.com/

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home