Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

A milestone . . . dang it

Yesterday I was in Safeway. I pulled my cart up to the checkstand, where a perky young girl was running the register. I unloaded all my reusable bags, including some of my string bags.

She said, "Oh, those are cute bags!"

I said, "Thank you."

She said, "Did you make them yourself?"

I said, "Yes, ma'am!"

She said, "How long does it take?"

I said, "About eight hours."

She said, "That's not too bad."

I said, "Yeah, I can usually bat out one a week when I am not working on something else. Right now I am working on other things."

She said, "Oh? What are you making?"

I said, "A baby blanket . . ."

She said, "Oh? For your granddaughter or son?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home