Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hello from Nebraska!

Yes, I am in my home state. I am once again chaperoning a group of theater students from my son's school to the International Thespian Society's annual festival at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. A lot of fun is had by all, and lots of shows are seen. These are all high school productions, but good-quality ones. I also get to see my brother, Andy, who lives nearby, and plan to spend some time with him and my cousin Jan on Thursday. In the meantime, I am getting lots of exercise.

The last time I came here, two years ago, I got very sore from walking all over. The theater teacher rented a bicycle for the week, so I thought I would do the same. Now, I am sore in different places. I don't think I have ridden a bike for over 18 years. I used to ride one all the time in Kenya, but haven't done so since then. I also used to have a lambswool bicycle seat cover. Remind me to bring that along next time. I will ask somebody to take pictures of the funny-looking fat old lady on the bike so I can share it with you all.

Next time may be some time from now. Matt has graduated, and is not eligible to participate as a student next year. Timmy has shown some interest in theater, but won't be eligible to come for two more years. I don't think I will spend any of my limited vacation time to chaperon a trip when one of my children is not on it. As it is, I get to take care of the ten girls, making sure they get in by curfew every night, and helping with anything else they may need.

I am getting a bit of crocheting done. I made a string bag for water bottles. It has a very long handle so it can be slung across the chest. If it needs to be smaller, I tie a knot in it. Another thing we need a photo of. I may well be able to plug my data card from my camera directly into this computer. Another technology adventure!

Now, excuse me while a creak out of this chair. I have a play to attend!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Still sounds like a nice trip and I agree, I would not chaperone if my child wasn't part of the trip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home