Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ruth and Matt update, May 2, 2007

Dear Friends, Relatives, and prayer partners,

First of all, Matt opens as Horatio in Hamlet tomorrow. If you want to attend, it looks like the best way to get tickets is at the door. Online ticket sales are no longer available due to some administrative rules at Lake Braddock Secondary School, which is where the performances are. (9200 Burke Lake Road, Burke, VA 22015) So, showtimes are 7:30 pm tomorrow, May 3; 8:00 PM on Friday, May 4; and 2:00 and 7:00 PM on Saturday, May 5th. If you could attend the Saturday evening performance, that would be best, as that is the night the Cappies Critics will be there, but it shouldn't really make any difference for your enjoyment of the play. Matt is also the makeup designer of this show.

Now, for me.

I had the ultrasound of my left breast on Tuesday. The radiologist found what seemed to show up on the mammogram. It is his opinion that it is a benign lymph node. Yay! I will have a PET scan on May 12th, and that would hopefully show if there is any problem. That's the good news.

The bad news is that my oncologist's office is closing. It appears to me that after they moved into new digs, after I finished my first round of chemotherapy , their rent went up. Then, one of the three partners left the practice and took most of his patients with him, and the remaining two partners cannot meet expenses with the reimbursements they were getting from insurance companies. Anyway, that is who they seem to blame. I will see Dr. Broome for the last time in that practice on May 14th. Actually, if this has to happen, now is a good time, since I am in remission and not having active treatment. The people who were having active chemotherapy are already getting it at another practice. I will probably be picked up by my HMO's oncology department. The reason I have not been going there is that when I first needed an oncologist, the HMO did not have room for me. I am just glad they let me stay where I was. I like Dr. Broome, and will miss her. It would be great if she joined my HMO, but I am not going to hold my breath for that.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Ruth

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home