Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Matt in the hospital

I have decided to post updates for Matt's condition here so that I don't bother those who don't want to hear about it in their e-mail.

Matt has an e.coli infection of his bladder. Tests show it did not make it to his kidneys, for which we are grateful. He is in good spirits, and is feeling much better than he did all weekend. He is eating normally, and asking for internet access. Unfortunately, he still has a fever, and they won't let him go until he conquers the bug. He is getting IV antibiotics. The good news is that the strain of bug he has is susceptible to lots of antibiotics.

We had hoped he would come home this evening, but he spiked a fever again, so gets to stay another day. The good news is he was moved to a room in the adolescent unit at Fairfax Hospital. All the rooms there are private and wired. He has access to the 'net, so will be able to at least e-mail and post to his blog.

Since it is so unusual for a male to get a bladder infection, be will be doing some kind of follow up with urology to see what is up with him anyway. I have had three doctors chase me out of the room in the last two days to quiz him about stuff he wouldn't want to talk about in front of Mom. I think I am grateful.

Thanks.

Ruth

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is hard to be a Mom of a boy and realize he has "grown" up.

    Hugs and I am glad his e. coli is suspectible to antibiotics!

     
  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger Sonia said…

    Please tell Matt aloha for me and that I send him good wishes for a speedy recovery...I ditto what Sarah said..I too have a boy and know all too well how sensitive they can be in front of their moms!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ruth-- things are looking up! This was a happy piece of information to greet me this morning. Any time a young man asks for internet access... ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home