Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Good News From Virginia

Matt has been accepted to Averett University in Danville, Virginia . There was even mention of a scholarship! http://www.averett.edu/index.php

Now, Averett is not Matt's first choice -- that would be the University of Nebraska -- but it is good to know that he has been accepted someplace. This is the first response he has gotten from any of the places to which he has applied, so it is a good start.

More good news, he escaped with a "C" in Trigonometry. Considering he had an "F" at the end of the first quarter, this is really good news. He only has one semester of trig, followed by a semester of "math analysis," whatever that might be.

Not so good news -- my brother Andy is visiting my Dad in the nursing home. His emphysema is getting worse. "The next stage" is how it was put to him. Sigh. Ah, well, he hasn't enjoyed a lot of things for a long while. To top it off, they are moving him around to different rooms. As of last night, he was in a private room. Not a bad thing, that. His phone is not hooked up in his new room yet, though.

Love,
Ruth

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Great news for Matt!

    I hope things go ok with your Dad.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home