Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ruth Update #25, September 24, 2006

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

People asked me today how I was doing. My usual answer was, "Today, I am doing well!" And it's the truth. Aside from a little ache in my hip, I am doing pretty well. I have my next scheduled chemotherapy this Thursday. After that, another PET scan and a bone scan to see where we go next. Please, those of you who pray, pray that this chemo knocks out the last of the cells. I really miss my hair and my toes. My toes are still there, mind you, but they are numb and tingling from peripheral neuropathy. I am beginning to feel that a bit in my fingers, too.

The boys left yesterday afternoon for a Scout fishing trip. They went someplace along the Chesapeake and camped last night, and were to go out in a boat on the bay today. Paul and I enjoyed our time alone together yesterday afternoon and evening. We were going to go to church and a voter's meeting afterwards, too, but we got a call this morning. Due to forecast thunderstorms, the fishing trip was cancelled. So, I got to wave the family flag at church, and Paul stayed home to wait for the boys. We now have a tent set up in the basement, airing before storage, and Matt is asleep on the sofa while Timmy is catching up on his homework under the eagle eye of his Dad.

Timmy is having trouble at school, again. He has always had trouble keeping up with homework. It is the bane of his existence. He doesn't have trouble with the concepts -- he usually aces standardized tests and even regular tests -- but projects and homework leave him cold. We are seriously considering having him evaluated for psychological problems. His teachers and counselor don't think he is learning disabled, as he does well on the testing. Even the writing "Standards of Learning" test he took for the state last year he scored well on. Of course, it took him all day. Good thing it is not a timed test. The rest of the tests, he got "passed advanced." Life is never easy.

I have been doing a bit of blogging this week. You might be interested:
http://ruthsmusings.blogspot.com (I think)

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Love,

Ruth

1 Comments:

  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Ruth, I do hope the PET scan shows that the cancer is knocked out!

    Hugs to you and I hope you can find the root of Timmy's "problem".

    Hugs! Sarah HB

     

Post a Comment

<< Home