Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Ruth Update #25

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

I am feeling a little crummy today, but it is only as expected. In fact, I think the pain is a bit less than it has been. It started a little earlier, though. I was really glad to get home from work yesterday.

I spoke with my oncologist on Wednesday, the day before the chemo. She assures me that this is the last dose of Abraxane, no matter what. I will go on Femara next, which is a long-term, daily pill. It is a treatment and a preventative measure. Even if there is still a bit of cancer showing in my hip, we will go with this, followed by monitoring my cancer markers in the blood and PET scans every three months. If we get something unexpected in the PET scan, we will go a different route, with a different drug. Let's not dwell on that possibility! My PET scan is scheduled for October 14th, and my follow-up visit with Dr. Broome will be October 25th. By then, I hope to have a little stubble on the scalp and to feel less tingling in my toes.

Please continue the prayers. Thanks for your support. I posted a little something on my blog this week:
http://ruthsmusings.blogspot.com

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Love,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home