Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ruth Update #6

March 26, 2006

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

I have had a wonderful weekend! I never cared about the NCAA men's basketball tournament before, but I have actually attended classes at George Mason University, and they have made it to the Final Four! I am amazed at how much I cared about the games on Friday and today. Okay, so I have never gone to a game in person, and the Patriot Center is three miles away. So, I am not a real fan. This week, I really, really care! Go Mason! Anybody got a Final Four T-shirt?

Also, my dear old friends Al and Jeanie Stirling were in town this weekend. I met them when I was a mere slip of a girl in the Army in Germany. At the time they were missionaries to the military. Now, they are missionaries to missionaries. They provide counseling to missionaries and their families in Eastern Europe. They are based in Budapest, Hungary, and they have been in country visiting their daughter and their supporters. They came to visit us and our church. On Saturday evening, we had dinner at the local Italian restraunt with them and our pastors, and they spoke at our adult Sunday School class this morning. Afterwards, we had a bite to eat, and we sent them on their way.

I was helping Matt with a family history project for school, and was calling relatives all over creation. Their first question to me was "How are you?" My answer was "I'm doing pretty well." Their response, in two cases, was "What's that supposed to mean?" I thought it was pretty funny. They meant well, I know. But hey, at the moment, I am doing pretty well. I have had a good weekend.

On Wednesday, at seven o'clock in the morning, I am to be at Fairfax Hospital to have the mediport implanted. The procedure is at eight o'clock.

On Thursday, at one-thirty in the afternoon, I get my first dose of chemotherapy.

I would appreciate special prayers at those times. I hope to get short updates out to you after the events to let you know how they went.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Love,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home