Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ruth Update 5.1

March 20, 2006

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

The pain in my hip pretty much went away with the naproxen. It was just bizarre that it could be so intense, so sudden, and then be taken care of with a pill like that. I didn't take one this morning, though, because naproxen, ibuprofen, and aspirin should not be taken before surgery, and I needed to prepare for my medi-port to be implanted. I had seen the surgeon last Monday, and he said he would contact the scheduler. As of Friday, I hadn't heard from the scheduler.

Today, I called him again. My medi-port goes in on Wednesday. Also, the pain started coming back. I was a bit concerned. I called my oncologist and spoke with the nurse practitioner on call. She told me to take acetaminophen and Percocet. She also said that this could be from the radiation. There is inflammation in the area, and the effects of radiation can last for months. Oh, wonderful.

Please pray for my surgery that it goes well on Wednesday. I plan to take Thursday off, too. Chemotherapy starts on Thursday, March 30th.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home