Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ruth Update #19

August 8, 2006

Dear Friends, family and prayer partners,

I have an appointment for a PET scan on Saturday, August 12th at 11:00 AM. They won't give me any news then, of course. I get that the following Wednesday, August 16th, from my oncologist. My appointment is at 9:30 AM. I pray that the PET scan will be clear, but, more important, I pray that it will be accurate. I don't want a false positive or a false negative.

I was right about the little bit of hair that grew back during my extra two weeks off of chemo for our trip to the VI. It all fell out again. That is not so bad, but I got folliculitis all over again, too. This looks like a bunch of zits all over my scalp. It had cleared up from the first hair loss, and now I have it again! Ah, well, most people don't have to see it, anyway! The good news is that I had actual hair five weeks after a treatment. So, I should start sprouting again in . . . well, a couple of weeks, anyway. I still have the "peach fuzz" that I had been showing before my hiatus. You have to look at it in just the right light to see it, though.

Paul and Timmy are gone this week -- Paul is at a training session in West Virginia. I told him that I really, really wanted him to come home over the weekend, as it is a two-week course, and he agreed to that. He took our new to us second car -- a Chevy Blazer. He liked it because he wanted something to tow the Boy Scout Troop's trailer. We have the hitch and everything. Timmy is at Boy Scout camp. This is the first time he has gone to a sleep-over camp without his Dad. I haven't heard from him or the acting scoutmasters, so I guess things are okay so far. Matt and I have been enjoying ourselves. We went to see "The Night Listener" last night. We were supposed to see a Cappies show at the Kennedy Center, but it was sold out. Dang. And we found this out while at the ticket window at the Kennedy Center. Good thing we didn't pay for parking. We took the Metro. This evening we ran thither and yon around town and ate out. He is now passed out on the sofa. That is how I am able to get onto the computer!

I expect to next update you after my appointment with my oncologist.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Love,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home