Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ruth Update #16

June 18, 2006

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

Physically, I am in great shape. Emotionally, I am still flying high from the Cappies last week. I am sending along a link to my Cappies Album on Yahoo. The young lady pictured with Matt in the "cover" shot is his girlfriend, Stephanie. Her mom took a lot of these pictures. If you want a higher definition edition of any of the photos, please let me know, and I will send it from the hard drive. I have others, too.

If you are in the National Capital Area, the Cappies show should be airing on your local school cable access channel. Please check the listings. We know it will air on the Fairfax County Schools channel (Cox channel 21), but we don't have a schedule yet. I am checking as often as I can. The show is over three hours long, but the good news is that Matt's award was one of the first presented, so he is in the first hour.

For those of you who don't know why I am so worked up, please see the Cappies website: http://www.cappies.com/ Click on the "National Capital Area: VA, MD, DC" link for the local details that concern us, including the list of nominees and winners. In the near future, I hope to be able to order professional photos of Matt backstage.

Matt goes to Lincoln tomorrow for the International Thespians Society Festival at UNL, and on Saturday, we all fly to the Virgin Islands. My oncologist has given me the all clear and a prescription for antibiotics, just in case. I see my primary care physician on Tuesday, and expect an all clear from him, too. Matt hopes to see Andy in Lincoln, and Andy should be driving Matt to the airport on Friday, as he has to leave early.

So, until later (probably after July 3rd),

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Love,

Ruth

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/reprovance/album?.dir=/3705re2&.src=ph&.tok=phiJIDFBAAhpcfj4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home