Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ruth Update #15

June 12, 2006

Dear Friends, relatives, and prayer partners,

My son, Matt Provance, stood on stage this evening in the Concert Hall at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC, and said: "I would like to thank my parents, Paul and Ruth Provance, my theater teacher, R.L. Mirabal, and all the people at Lake Braddock Theater." Or words to that effect. In other words, HE WON! MY SON WON A CAPPIE AWARD! HE HAS A VERY HEAVY TROPHY! Unlike me, he was very cool. His award, for best performance by a cameo actor, was very early in the show, so I got to poke Paul throughout the evening, and say "He Won!"

Of the six nominations that his school received, they won two. The other was for sound. Matt could not have won without the help of Jason Wolf, who was nominated for fight choreography. They put fight choreography in with the dance choreography, and some dancer won. Ah, well. Jason gets part of Matt's award!

Okay, gotta try to get some sleep. Or wait up for Matt. Or something.

Heck, you can skip your mammograms and self-exams this week. Not really.

Dang, I am proud of him!

Love,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home