Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ruth Update #13

May 19, 2006

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer partners,

Except for Matt being nominated for a Cappie, I have had a rough week. I am just now starting to feel better, and thought for a while that my sinus infection was back. I saw my primary care physician today, and he prescribed some nasal spray for my pollen allergies. He thought perhaps that my Claritin was not doing the job well enough. I turned down the Benadryl. I have enough potent pharmaceuticals to make me sleepy. In fact, I checked with him about what I was using, and he okayed the combination. I would hate to be accused of abusing anything. He assured me that as long as I kept getting all my meds at the HMO pharmacy, he would be able to keep an eye on my intake. I have been taking Ambien 10, Ativan, and one Percocet at bedtime. Works well, and I suppose it will until I stop taking it. I think I will leave out the Percocet tonight, as the pain has lessened.

Speaking of the Cappies, if you would like to attend the gala on June 11th, the tickets are $25. Since we are already buying four of them, I fear I will not be able to front the cost. Tickets and seating are limited. If you want to come, let me know ASAP, so I can order the tickets on Monday. (Yes, Tony, I have your order.) Of course, you would be sitting with the Lake Braddock fans, so if you are rooting for another school, please get your tickets from them! If you live in Fairfax County and have cable, you will be able to see the gala on tape, probably multiple times. In fact, if you could tape it for us . . . we haven't joined the cable generation. Yet. Cable broadband is looking better and better, especially after I downloaded RealPlayer last night on our dial-up connection.

I am halfway through my treatments. Thanks for reminding me, Lois.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Love,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home