Ruth's musings

I have been dealing with breast cancer for a while, and have been sharing my journey with friends, family, and prayer partners. This blog brings all my updates together in one place, and leaves me free to muse on other parts of my life. Thanks for visiting!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Ruth Update #10

April 22, 2006

Dear Friends, Relatives, and Prayer Partners,

Not a lot to say today. I had chemotherapy on Thursday, and have medicated myself to endure it. Paul and Timmy didn't go on the camporee after all as the forecast promised rain, so the troop cancelled their trip. They did some other Scout stuff, though, so I was still by myself a good part of the day. Once I took my percoset, though, I didn't really care!

The schedule goes like this: every three weeks, I have a chemotherapy treatment. I get drugs to prevent nausea, which also slows down the rest of my digestive system, so I am still trying to get the right dosage of laxatives and softeners. The day I get my chemo and the day after, I feel pretty well, as long as I take the laxatives. On day three and four I feel pretty lousy, with generalized pain. For that, I take the percoset, which also slows me down. I have said it before, it is the side effects of the drugs that you take to counteract the side effects of the chemotherapy that are the most annoying. Don't get me wrong, I really, really want those anti-nausea drugs.

Matt's play is next weekend. Tony is coming down on Saturday for the matinee. I will let you know when tickets are available to the general public. According to Matt, it may not be a good idea to sit in the front two rows. I have asked for seats on the center aisle, three or four rows back. As family members, and members of the theater boosters, we got to order the tickets early. I really think they should start selling tickets earlier, but maybe there is some rule I don't know about.

Get your mammograms. Do your self-exams.

Love,

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home